[DML] Re: Discovered the root cause of my starting problem (I think)

[DML] Re: Discovered the root cause of my starting problem (I think)

Yes, the engine does run for a second or two on the cold start fuel
however it dies right after it uses this fuel up becuase there is
not enough pressure to allow the injectors to fire. For some reason
the fuel pump is not preassurizing the fuel system soon enough, If I
jump the pump there is about 10-20 seconds of time before the system
is "pressurized". This must not be normal.

Nathan
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>
wrote:

> Not so fast VR. When cold the car starts on the cold start valve.
It
> opens on a lot less pressure than the fuel injectors so it is
working
> before the fuel injectors to get the motor started. That gives the
> pump a chance to get the pressure up enough to make the fuel
injectors
> work. If you are having trouble starting the car (when cold)
> troubleshoot the cold start system. The fuel accumulator is
supposed
> to hold up "Rest Pressure" so the car will start easily when warm.
It
> gives the fuel pump a "head start" to getting the pressure up
enough
> to run the fuel injectors. The motor doesn't need the Rest Pressure
> when cold, the cold start valve can work at much lower pressures.
Go
> back and see if the cold start system is working. Try pulling out
the
> cold start valve, stick it in a can, and crank the engine when
cold.
> You should see it squirt. You can do a lot of troubleshooting
WITHOUT