[DML] Re: Gold plated DeLorean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Faded N Jaded <fadednjaded@xxxx> wrote:

>   I apologize for assuming that all readers of this list would know
that when I said I was at the Harrah Nation Automobile Museum in Reno
and said that "they" said this or that, that all would know it was
someone who works for or at the museum. Obviously I was wrong.

>   So, for clarification, when I used the word "they" in my posting,
"they" applied to museum personnel.

>   The people I spoke with appeared to be either employees or
volunteers of the museum.

>   One individual said that the gold-plated DeLorean had been on
display at a bank in Snyder, Texas. I'm only repeating what he said. I
have no idea as to the veracity of the comments by this or other
individuals that I spoke with when I was there.

Naturally assuming people associated with the museum would know what
they were talking about, I thought someone else must have given you
the misinformation, and I wondered who it was since you didn't
referenced anybody else. That's why I asked who "THEY" were.
Apparently "THEY" were wrong.

>   I did get the impression that this gold plated DeLorean was being
treated kind of like an unwanted step child. It was displayed in a
room which totally lacked the dignity of the rooms where the main part
of the collection is.

DeLoreans are often snubbed by other car enthusiasts. It comes as no
surprise to me that even a gold plated DeLorean would not be presented
as well as other cars.

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D