[DML] Re: Windshield replacement?

The "A" pillar trim can't really be properly replaced unless you
remove the windshield. They can be recovered and reinstalled, you
don't have to actually replace them. You can get the vinyl covering
and recover them or you can redie them with spray. The glass guy
should know what to do. Make sure he does not glue the rear view
mirrior on, it is supposed to be installed with special double-stick
tape. Depending on the system the glass guy uses he generally must get
the surfaces very clean, prime the fiberglass AND the windshield,
place the heated bead of glue, and then fit the windshield and hit it
right on the first try. The car can't be driven for a couple of hours
till the glue cools and sets so it is best done at your home.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757