[DML] Re: Drive the dream?

> Hmmm,I pay more than $30k in taxes.

OK.   This kind of comment isn't really warranted, fair, or
necessary.  I "own" a DeLorean that the bank helped me buy.   I give
the bank some money every month and they let me keep the car.  I treat
it the same as any other DeLorean owner and probably better.  I don't
jury rig anything, I replace parts when needed.  I upgrade parts when
I want, and I keep the tank full of gas.  I am 25, make around 40 k a
year. I OWN a 1969 Dodge Charger RT 440 six pack outright that is in
show condition. I also have a little honda scooter for getting to
work.  I dont need a 100k salary to do any of that, just some hard
work.  I am, of course, in debt but it is reasonable and most of it is
in assets that can be liquidated like cars and houses.  I think that a
$7500 D in the condition described is a fair deal.  The shifting
problems sound like they can be fixed with a new computer and the
other things are the piddly little things that we all deal with.  The
MOST expensive total repair I can think of would be a new engine and
transmission.  thats about 8k if I am correct.  telling someone you
pay more than their yearly salary in taxes is probably the most
elitist thing I have ever heard.  To the prospective owner: Buy this
car and work your ass off to bring it back.  Prove the naysayers
wrong.  I pay 6% finance charges on my Delorean through wells fargo.
It was easy and I paid nothing down.  I have 3 years left on the
finance and the car will be mine.

Matt

16076 (In the past month; new radiator, master and slave clutch
cylinders, cleaned and repaired fuel delivery system, 350 bucks and a
lot of work)