[DML] Re: Drive the dream?

>From yourt description the price sounds about right. To repair and/or
replace what you will need it will probably get you to the magic # of
$20,000. That seems to be the average price you get to after purchese
and repairs. You will spend even more to replace the motor than to get
the origional running right. In fact, all it may need is a relay to
get the Lambda running again and a tune-up. You will probably need a
shift computer for the trans. Not that big a deal and maybe you can
even fix the old one. Figure also rebuilding the brake system, fixing
the A/C, doing all the updates, in other words undoing all the P.O's
work and doing it correctly. Find the local group of owners and they
can be of great help. You should probably get one of them to look the
car over for you BEFORE you buy it so they can help you make a list of
what it needs. Before this car will be a daily driver you will have to
spend a lot of money on it. Start by looking at the frame in the front
and around the motor. If there is a lot of rot on it negotiate the
price, frame repair can get expensive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757