[DML] Re: Values

Since I planned to drive my D every day when I got it, I went out of
my way to find a car that had been used similarly.  The PO, out of
necessity, had replaced many of the old worn-out items.  Fuel lines,
belts, tires, brakes, clutch cylinders, fuel pump, and suspension
had all been done in the past two years.

I was willing to pay a premium for a smoothly-running D that might
stay that way awhile.  Shortly after purchase, the very same points
were made by the appraiser who appraised the car for $2K more than I
paid.

Everyone will have their own opinion, but 8,000 miles and 8 months
later with only $180 spent on labor (brake master), I feel the
premium was worth it. The only critical item I also had to replace
was the fuel pump, all other parts have been "tinkering" on my part.

I could have spent $5K less, but I couldn't afford the time in lost
use or potential glares from my wife every time I dipped back into
the till to bring a different kind of car up to snuff. It was way
easier for me to go to the well once.

Ryan, if I ever need to replace my car, God forbid, I'll make you an
offer on yours! :)

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:

> Well, I agree with you here. My argument was simply in regards to
the
> value. Claiming a car is low book simply because it's driven often
is
> ridiculous. It really depends on the market for that particular
car.

> It appears to me that more DeLoreans are driven on a regular basis
> than other classics, and more and more people getting into
DeLoreans