[DML] Re: Crap in fuel pump + normal pump sound?

[DML] Re: Crap in fuel pump + normal pump sound?

Your trouble with the decomposed filter screen is common for well
aged systems that have set in decomposed fuel. Replacing ALL the
affected components is important for getting the system back to a
trouble free operation. Sometimes the fuel distributor and injectors
can be salvaged because the decomposed fuel dried up much sooner
than the stuff in the fuel tank or components such as the filter and
accumulator that had larger quantities of fuel trapped in them.

If you have ingested trash through the pump, and it sounds like you
have, you should replace it. The damage may just leave you stranded
somewhere down the road. Since some of the trash may have passed on
downstream I would replace all components, except the lines, from
the tank filter through the fuel filter - that would include the
accumulator. I would also recommend a thorough cleaning of the fuel
lines - like blowing out with air - before replacement of your fuel
system pieces.

Run some Marvel Mystery Oil through the system for a few tanks to
finish cleaning out the system. I use it virtually all the time
since it also acts as a light stabilizer for the fuel.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "valleyrat12" <valleyrat12@xxxx>