[DML] Re: Key duplicity

There are other factors involved. For instance the earlier cars have
the 2 key system which has a different blank for the door locks. As
door locks (and keys) wear they can get to the point that anything
that fits inside them can turn them. The inertia switch can prevent
the motor from starting but does nothing to prevent someone from
opening the doors. You are correct in assuming that there was a
limited # of tumbler combinations, eventually you will find some car
your keys will fit. Other owners have tried what you are trying and
have found their keys working other owner's cars. I found myself doing
that once accidently, as you know all Deloreans look the same! I was
mad my key wouldn't work until I realized my car was the one next to
it! Now I have Remote Lockzilla so I don't have to use my key in the door.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxx>
wrote:

> [MODERATOR NOTE: Because the DML is an archive that will be
available to the whole world forever, we have a policy of rejecting
all messages which discuss methods of breaking into a DeLorean.  Feel
free to post vague and general responses to this question, but if you
want to share specfic and detailed information about this subject you
must do it o