[DML] Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?

[DML] Re: What to call the Scuba Show... Diving for Deloreans?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo@xxxx>
wrote:

> i think we are missing the point a little. surely it would be good
> to recover the lost body dies for the sake of history and the fact
> they should not have been scrapped in the first place.
>
> they should be recovered for the delorean community, for the
> enthusiasts, not necessarily for commercial gain.

Why?

Don't get me wrong. It kills me that the body dies ended up in Ards
Bay as fish net anchors. To say it's a shame is truly an
understatement, but it's way too late. If recovered they are useless
to reproduce anything. The damage has been done. You say they should
be recovered for the sake of history, for the DeLorean Community, for
the enthusiasts and because they should not have been scrapped in the
first place. Okay, who's going to fund this very expensive recovery,
or who do you feel should fund it? Someone within the DeLorean
Community? Who's got that kind of money to blow on such things, a
vendor or vendors? They are in the business of making money, not
preserving esoteric pieces of history. I'd rather they spend money on
things that would truly benefit the community, like the production of
consumable and restoration parts that keep thee most important piece
of DeLorean history around, and that's the car itself. Should a
DeLorean club or organization fund it? LOL, I'd hate to be paying
those dues! Who would store, transport and who would display these
things where? Should an entity outside the community recover the dies,
like a government or museum just for history's sake? If you think
that, then I think you overestimate the overall significance of some
parts that made pieces of the DeLorean Motor Car in the grand scheme
of everything. Beyond us, does anyone honestly care?

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D