Re: [DML] Buzzer Defeat ???

Defeating the buzzer is really quite simple.

There are two door switches on the passenger side. One is for the
buzzer, and one for the door marker lights. Simply reach behind the
switches and remove one wire from one switch. It will either turn off
the buzzer or the light. Of course if it turns off the light, replace
the wire and pull one wire from the other switch.

If, as you say, defeating the buzzer this way causes other problems...
(I don't have the wiring diagram with me now, so I'm not sure how that
can be...) Then you can disconnect the wire directly at the buzzer. The
buzzer is located on a plate that is attached to the steering column
bracket, left hand side. The plate has three or so modules mounted on
it, the buzzer is one of these. Disconnect one wire from the buzzer there.

Jeff Angwin
VIN 3034