Re: [DML] My missfire

>Thanks Martin....how ever in defense the plug wires arnt marked, the cap is but where the hell is No1.
>  And yes funnily enough i did see the numbering on the rockers covers only yesterday.......sod it. But my w/shop manual is totally wrong!!!!!

Usually if you transpose front/back and left/right, it's spot on. It's a
direct copy of the Renault manual, in fact some of the diagrams are
obviously renault due to subtle differences in the engines.

>  What sorta advance do u get before knocking?

I've never played with a stock distributor - just set it to 13 and leave
it. On our Stage 1&2 engines, I'm running 11.5 or thereabouts and it's
10 on a stock engine - but the igniton curve is different.

>  Basically my car is in good nick...because of the the long time at the coast the ally on the motor is going fury......know of any chemicals or stuff that removes it?

If you can clean it to a smooth surface, I use an aluminium flake paint
which is literally aluminium dust in a lacquer of some sort. It goes on
really easily and comes right up bright silver. The engine on our front
page was done in it.

>  Also how does one get a dash....mine has the dreaded crack almost on the center line.

Either 1) get very lucky or 2) wait for DMC Texas to bring repros out.

>  Do u have a sketch or a drawing of what i can can get made to fix the broken window lifter?
>  Its the plastic elbow guide that was fixed to the inside panel thats broken.....

The main problems witht he window motors are:

1) Metal worm, plastic gear = shredded gear
2) some idiot put the elbow too close to the motor on the wrong (of two)
mounts behind the door handle. The replacement metal regulators use the
correct one and allow the slider to run in parallel with the window
guides. The repeated flexing of the original plastic one is why it breaks.

>i was thinking of a bent metal tube with a bracket brazed on as a fixing point.
>  If u do dhave a sketch would help me to miss out a lot of engineering

The original plastic motors are rubbish. if it breaks, throw it away and
buy a replacement one. THEN I/we will help you fit it, as that's a fun
job :-)

Martin
www.delorean.co.uk