[DML] Re: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly

[DML] Re: Mirror Control Switch Disassembly

Tom,

I agree with Ryan, its not an easy job,  very frustrating as when  opening it
up, springs, balls and rollers tend to go flying out.  But it  can be done.
I did it and posted pictures in the photo section.  try  this link,
_http://tinyurl.com/c4j7p_ (http://tinyurl.com/c4j7p) .

You could first try some silicone spray and wiggling to see if that  frees
things up.

Once you open it, then you have another problem, holding it tightly  closed.
It has to be held tight because the electrical contact require  that.  No
glue I found, would work.  After my first assembly I placed  it into the door and
boing, rollers, balls and springs ended up inside the  door.   _!@#$%_
(mailto:!@#$) ^&*(

I ended up drilling 4 strategically placed holes and using 4 #1 "bolts".
That picture has not been upload, yet. It wasn't easy and I think the  switches
are not that expensive.  I don't think I'd do it again...

D² & 6530

Dave Delman

BTW I typed this whole response out as a reply to the post directly in  Yahoo
and it lost all my _type.!@#$%_ (mailto:type.!@#$) ^&*()