Re: [DML] Would you buy?

Hard to tell what a good price would be without seeing it. We're
assuming a lot, but if he's the original owner, and if everything is
original and working great and the car is beautiful with literally
nothing wrong, $20k-$25k would be my ball park figure.

If it has "a few issues here and there", I'd bet there are a lot more
issues just waiting to be uncovered and book it at $12k-$18k depending
on exactly what the "few issues" are.

As for "how much to upgrade", if you're smart you'll budget $5k on top
of the purchase price. It may only take $2k. It may take $8k. $5k is a
great place to start and if you plan on spending that you won't be
disappointed. Why such a large gap in these figures? Again, I don't
know the particulars of the car. Sure, I could price out all of the
"standard upgrades" for you, but you're going to find other little
things that need (or you want) to be changed. There are going to be
expensive surprises - there always are. And you'll want some toys or
little luxuries to add on.

Budget $15k-$20k for the car and another $5k for upgrades/misc and
you're almost guaranteed to come out of the deal smiling. Anything
less and you'll be grumpy when your new toy keeps pecking away at your
wallet. It's really a matter of how much enjoyment you'll get out of
the car; if you think you can swing a $10k deal and a few hundred
bucks for upgrades, chances are within a year you'll hate the "piece
of crap" and another dream will be lost. But if you're prepared with a
good budget, able to throw a thousand here, a thousand there and not
miss a beat because it was all in the plan to begin with, you'll
really "live the dream".

--
- Ryan