[DML] Re: Does anyone else have one of these? Blank VIN Plate

[DML] Re: Does anyone else have one of these? Blank VIN Plate

I don't know if you want to be messing with "replacing" VIN plates,
even if the number is the same. Heard a story on talk radio when the
topic was DMV horror stories, or MVD as they are known here in AZ. As
a matter of fact, oddly I heard it on the way over to Matt Olans
house. Cars coming into our state require a level 1, 2 or 3 inspection
before they can be registered here. A guy who had spent big $$ to
frame off restore a C1 Vette that had previously been registered in
another state prior took it in after the restoration was done so he
could get it licensed. The state inspector noticed there were two non
matching screws attaching the VIN plate to the car, so the inspector
removed the original GM issued VIN plate, confiscated it, and gave the
owner a new state issued VIN, basically making a $75K car worthless.
In the end he ended up selling it to a movie production company for
$7K, and they blew it up in a film.

Don't screw around with your VIN plates!

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D