[DML] Re: Reproduction tires needed!

Everything you mentioned is true, you can go to a larger rim size if
you use lower profile tires without changing the overall wheel size.
It will give you the ability to use a larger braking system and higher
cornering forces. A major drawback is you MUST drive on smooth roads.
You lose the ability to hit potholes or other discontinuites in the
road surface. I see plenty of those fancy (read expensive) rims and
tires blown out because they hit a curb or a pothole. In extreme cases
you reduce the overall travel of the suspension systen to absorb
impacts, some of which was factored in from the tire (even more so if
the car was lowered). A low profile tire will also ride harder, less
sidewall to act like a spring absorbing minor fluctuations in the
road. Think of these things BEFORE you spend a LOT of money on this
kind of "BLING". Part of the "look" of the Delorean IS the rims,
changing them can affect a lot more than the look of the car. The
roads here in the northeast (New Jersey and New York) are not always
the greatest especially in the winter so beware of using anyting that
might lower the car closer to the road. They also use a lot of steel
plates over holes in the road, not so good for these new low profile
tires! On nice flat, smooth roads in Florida or Texas or California
those tires might last longer! Just my 2 cents. I suppose one day
someone will put SPINNERS on their Delorean!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757