[DML] Re:Old Tires

Most manufacturers now recomend replacing tires over 7 years old.
Trailer tires especially because of the outdoor exposure to UV and
temperature extremes. Most car clubs and other organizations are
warning about the dangers of tires that look perfect but are just old.
It seems they can fail catastrophically without warning. If you do
drive on the NCT's just be aware of the dangers and consider putting
them away for display and using a newer tire for driving especially at
high speeds on hiways. Another fact about older tires. I had until
recently NCT's on my car. It rode hard, as if the tires were like
rocks. Once I changed to the Michelins (which were still available at
the time) the car rides completely different! Use a tire protectant
with UV protection, keep the tires inflated to the correct pressures
and check them often, and "retire" the tires after 7-10 years.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757