[DML] Re: Fast Car?

I have had Winged1 up to a (calculated) speed of 140mph, in central
Montana.  I say "calculated" because I have never changed the
speedometer face to read a value higher that 85 mph.  It took a while
to get to the top speed, and I still had some room left on the
tachometer.  The car is limited by horsepower for top speed.  This
speed run was done shortly before I lowered the car down (or should I
say WAY down?), so the top speed may be higher or lower now, depending
on the aerodynamic effects of the change in stance.  Sometimes
lowering can increase down-force (which was my goal), but this will
result in higher aerodynamic drag if other design elements are not
changed.  I always tell people that the car is "quick", but not
necessarily world-class "fast".

BTW - I believe that the official top speed was listed as "130 mph,
estimated".

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com