[DML] Re: Before the internet

BI (before internet) you mainly depended on the resources of a car
club. The Delorean Owner's Association did a lot to "keep the flame
alive". Delorean One also deserves a lot of the credit along with
Kapac (Consolidated) who gambled a fortune on the remaining cars and
parts. PJ Grady stuck it out too along with Don Steger in California.
Hemmings Motor News was some help but the internet has changed
everything about how things are done now. It is very easy to forget
how it used to be "back in the day" as they say now. After DMC went
into bankrupcy there was a lot of speculation about the demise of the
whole thing. People bailed out and prices dropped. Those who stuck it
out deserve a lot of credit for where we are now. There were also some
other smaller vendors that couldn't survive and most of the dealers
that origionally sold the car wanted nothing to do with them after
getting burnt on warranty work and not being able to get parts after
investing a lot of money in the company and losing that too. Don't
forget a lot of people (investors mainly, including the British
government) lost a lot of money and had nothing good to say about the
car. A lot of people were hoping it would go away. If not for the BTTF
movies there would probably be very few Deloreans on the road today!
They came along at just the right time to keep interest in the car alive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doki_pen <doki_pen@xxxx> wrote:

> What did some of you long time owners do for assistance and parts
availability before you could use the internet as a resource?

> Also, do you think obscure cars, such as the delorean, would face
less ownership if it weren't for the knowledge that help and parts
availability is only a button click away?