Re: [DML] Re: Failed emmissions AGAIN - really long

Re: [DML] Re: Failed emmissions AGAIN - really long

Hello again

<SNIP>
>> Cruising at constant
>> highway speed does not put a lot of load on the engine and at the
> same time
>> keeps it running at high RPMs. Great exercise for the engine, clears
> any
>> deposits, moves a lot of gas through the converter clearing it as well.
> How about moving down to 89 first, then 87?
****
Yes, you can do that. But 89 burns slower than 87. It will definitely be
better than 93 (or 91) and will help in the process of clearing any deposits
left by the use of 93 (91). If your engine isn't really bad (a lot of
deposits and knock) then by switching right away to 87 you will speed up the
process. If you get serious knock from 87 then using 89 for a while is a
good idea. One or two full tanks of 89 and then switch to 87 and stay with
87. And taking the car on a highway is a good idea for every car that only
sees city driving. Any DeLorean that is only used to go to drive-ins or a
lot of city driving will be very happy with occasional hour long drive on
the highway using 87 gas. Just like running is good for your heart, highway
is good for the engine :)

>> I would like to congratulate everyone who got this far reading my tech
>> stuff. You must be really TOUGH! ;)
> Tom - Just so you know, I was not trying to debate you or say you were
> wrong. I'm just trying to understand.
****
It's ok Dan, I know that. I did not take it as that. Like I said before,
there is a lot of confusion when it comes to gasoline grades and I am glad I
can share my knowledge with others... and help some DeLoreans in the process
:)

If you have any other questions concerning this subject don't hesitate to
ask. I'd be glad to help you out. I've spent some time working at an
automotive lab doing research on things like gasoline use, emissions, engine
oil etc. I'm glad I can share what I have learned there.

Take care

Greetings from snowy Poland!

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)