Re: [DML] crumple tube.

Thank you for the comments.  I was unable to actually find out what
happened, but, I agree it looks more like a TRAUMATIC event rather
than normal wear and tear.  I do have a new crumple tube and am
going to replace that over the next month or so.
Thanks again for comments.
Dale Funk
4984
941

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:

> Sorry I'm a bit late on this thread. That photo looks VERY
familiar.
> Have a lok at this
>
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN1818.JPG
>
> This was caused when the car in quesion hit a kerb at 30 mph. It
broke
> the steering rack as well and took a nice chunk out of the wheel
for
> good measure. It didn't hit anything head on. This car had a new
> extension fitted and is back on the road.
>
> I do have another customer who's saving up for a frame extension
after
> an altercation with a wall. He demolished it and ended up sitting
on top
> of a pile of bricks. Being a later car, it already had the frame
> extension recall and it certainly did its job! The whole
front "cone" on
> one side is squashed upwards by about 1/2" with a perfect imprint
of the
> recall plate impressed underneath. It stayed in one piece though.
Sorry,