[DML] Re: Cores

Some other things that should not be thrown away or left at the place
where you have the car serviced:
Mixture unit and Fuel distributer
Control Pressure Regulator
Turn signal switch
Idle motor ECU
Ignition ECU
Lambda ECU
Starter
Rotors (there may still be enough to have them cut)
Brake booster
Any transmission parts, manual or automatic
Automatic shift computer
Damaged body panels
Alternator
Steering rack
Even if it is not economical now to repair or rebuild some of these
parts, in the future not only may it be cheaper, it will be the ONLY
way to get going again! For instance it might be cheaper now to
replace a particular body panel because it would take so many hours of
labor at so many $ per hour to repair verses replace. As panels become
scarcer and more expensive at some pont in time it will be economical
to repair  what is considered unrepairable now. If you were to have an
accident and had a panel replaced you should get and keep the damaged
panel, it could be worth something in the future. Even if a part is
not repairable many times there are pieces from it that can be reused
to fix others, for instance a turn signal switch or a blown up
transmission.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757