From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Marc Levy
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:46 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Turbos, transmissions etc

Fred said there was a 300HP limit on the trans..  200
may be a typo..

I wonder if Martin has the same typo when he said
200HP was the max out of a Turbo PRV??  DMCH claims to
get 190+HP on their normally aspirated engines..
Turbo charger seems like a lot of work for an extra
10HP.

In my conversations with Fred, he said the Legend
engines could exceed 300HP but they had transmission
problems if they went much higher.  They were also
experimenting with electronic boost control (I think
502 may have it, Rob can comment on it).  One can
assume the electronic boost control would be used to
bring the boost on slowly to help eliminate damage to
the transmission while not sacrificing top-end
performance.

[moderator snip]