[DML] Re: DeLorean Dents

Ed and Forum,

Not to speak for Chris (or Rob) completely, but it is easiest to
try to coordinate any SS repair/refinishing work with Rob first,
since Chris spends most of his time at Rob's place when he is in
the US and other remote work is scheduled, if time allows.

As for remote work, there are several factors to consider.  Travel
and associated costs, garage or workshop access and availability
(sometimes all night) and bringing tools vs. having tools on hand.
When Chris flies to do remote work, it is sometimes better to ship
the specialty tools FedEx, rather than worry about having them get
misplaced with check-in baggage (lots of files, picks, etc.), so
timing the tools to arrive at each location can be a little tricky.
If you can buy the right tools to have on hand, all the better.

At this time of year, a heated garage for any SS work north of the
Sun Belt would work best.  Make sure to have a good compressor for
air tools, with a big enough storage tank (33 gal. or better) and
make sure to have a few fluorescent shop lights on hand, since they
work well to expose any SS imperfections without the harshness that
you get from halogen shop lights or incandescent bulbs.  There are
a lot of tools and supplies that help Chris work more effectively,
and although they are not cheap, it can reduce the labor time/cost.

Unless you have a substantial amount of SS repairs and refinishing
required, its probably more cost effective to make a trip to Rob's.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed B." <mr.pants@xxxx> wrote:

> Was not aware Chris was out in Chicago recently...  I have emailed
Chris
> in the past and I'm convinced his work is among the best there is,
if
> not the best.  Does the magic Chris performs on the DeLorean
require a
> special garage/workshop?  Since Chris is in England and travels
all
> over, I'm wondering if there are any other Canadian listers in
Ontario