[DML] Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

[DML] Re: Optima Battery...you want fries with that?

I've had the same type of experience looking for a couple of things
at Autozone. I got the same type of answer.. I don't have a delorean
in my computer. Do you know of another car that these might be on?
Umm no... The other question I have gotten from Autozone is "Who
makes Deloreans?" or "Do you have a model number for the Delorean
that I can search for?"
Checker Autoparts (CSK) on the otherhand seems to know what a
Delorean is. They even have it in their computer.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gus Schlachter <gus@xxxx> wrote:

> I went to the local Autozone to get an Optima Yellow battery,
which I
> grabbed off the shelf and took to the counter to purchase.
>
>   "What vehicle is this for, sir?"
>   Gus tilted his head quizzically.  "Does it matter?"
>   "It does if you want the warranty," was the matter-of-fact reply.
>   Wryly, Gus answered "A 1981 Delorean."
>   The clerk approached his terminal and quickly punched the keys
to pull
> up the "D" list of manufacturers.  Datsun, Daihatsu,
Dodge...hmmm.  He
> repeated this process, foolishly hoping for a different list the
second
> time.  "Who makes that?" he asked, seeming somewhat annoyed.
>   "Ummm...De Lor E an" Gus repeated, wondering how this guy
managed to
> avoid both watching TV and going to the theater for the entire
80's
> decade.
>   The clerk pondered his computerized predicament for a
moment.  "Is