[DML] Re: DeLoreans and Tow dollys

Hi,

I am aware of the wheel straps that exist on the tow dollys. I did
not mean that it was not physically possible to put the front end on
a tow dolly, I felt that it may have been inadvisable.

Here is where I did not fill in the missing information. I mistakenly
thought that the user was had an automatic. You cannot pull the
vehicle by the front wheels and have the vehicle be an RWD automatic,
as you can burn out the transmission. The pump which circulates the
transmission fluid would not be running, therefor, the transmission
would heat up due to the fact that it is turning. That is unless you
disconnect the wheels from the transmission. Which to me seems to be
a whole lot of work, and well worth the 30-40 dollar upgrade of a
trailer that takes the car fully off the ground. Which is why I made
the comment to "back it on" to the tow dolly. (My definition of a tow
dolly is a device that drags a car by 2 wheels off the ground) Either
way if you leave all 4 wheels on the ground you still have the same
issue with an automatic. (Car Tow hitch)

To avoid the burning of the transmission, you would have to put the
rear wheels up onto the dolly, and let the front wheels spin freely
on the road.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Arnie Brandon" <arnie@xxxx> wrote:

> Could you please explain further the comment in your post
below, "SINCE YOU
> CANNOT HOOK THE FRONT WHEELS UP TO THE TOW DOLLY, AS THE CAR IS
RWD, YOU
> HAVE TO BACK IT ON"?  This appears to be some misinformation.
Refer to my