[DML] Re: DeLoreans and Tow dollys

I have and have used a tow dolly. Some of the disadvantages are:
Some highways do not allow you on them with it
The towed vehicle MUST be insured and registered
You cannot use it on an automatic car unless you remove the half-shafts
You have to make sure that on a tight turn the fenders do NOT touch
the towed vehicle.
If you are pulling a "dead" car you have to have a winch to pull it up
onto the dolly
You are supposed to have Recovery Vehicle Stop,Turn, and Tail lights
on the towed vehicle
The towed vehicle is susceptible to damage from other vehicles since
it is on the road
You have to be extra careful going over sharp dips and driveway entrances
The towed vehicle needs to have at least 2 good rear tires
In general it is probably better and safer to have a full size
trailer, it just takes up a lot more room and is more expensive. Be
careful buying the dolly, make sure it is wide enough, a Delorean is
very wide. Also figure on replacing the tires if they are over 7 years
old and get a spare.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757