[DML] Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

[DML] Re: Best comment on the Delorean Yet

I know a guy who scornfully told me that I bought the car because of
the attention it gets me.  Duh!!!  That seems pretty much the reason
anyone buys a sportscar, or even a non-sports car, they want
something special to be noticed.  I don't deny that at all. Funny
thing is he was talking about buying a Corvette, but didn't see his
hypocrisy at all.  For me it's not ego, or trying to show off
financially (it's certainly not that), but instead it's one of the
coolest, sleakest looking cars on the road, that has an interesting
history.  My piece of Americana.    I did, however, buy it with the
idea that it would still function as a car, and given the moderate
price, would still make sense from a financial perspective.  I think
we all can agree THAT wasn't the smartest assumption in the world.
Went a little over budget, actually, went more over budget than the
actual budget.  Then some. But what's done is done, now just need to
look at it going forward.  Now that's it's fixed up, I'll just have
to put gas in it and go, right???  Sure, that's it.

> There is something there that you've really touched upon, that
until
> now, I never could really put my finger on.
>
> Tthe values of DeLoreans have already increased a great deal. More
> than many others could imagined, or others cars already have.
>
> Someone works hard all their life, and they want to treat
themselves
> to the good things. So, they buy those luxuries they wish to enjoy.
> Sometimes people are so proud of themselves and their
accomplishments