[DML] Re: Minor Annoyance: Throttle lag prob.

[DML] Re: Minor Annoyance: Throttle lag prob.

I'll second David's suggestion to try using neutral more. Of course
it's not alway possible in traffic, but if you keep a sharp eye out
ahead and put the car in neutral early in the deceleration process,
you will be amazed at how far before a stop you can start gliding.
Your D will coast a long way with only a minor loss of speed and a
very smooth ride for you and your passenger.  I've passed some
people uphill in neutral. OK, maybe I was going a little fast to
begin with. :)

I think you will also notice an improvement in fuel economy. I get
22-25 mpg around town with my daily driver, depending on how
aggressive I am when power is actually being applied...

Your brakes might wear a bit more driving this way, but I'm not sure
it's much different than trying to slow a car with an automatic
transmission, where I've never noticed any significant engine
braking from my other vehicles. I guess the transmission experts
could comment on that.

Marv
#10820

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>