Re: [DML] Re: New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?

Re: [DML] Re: New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?

Andy:

  I am not sure if the DMCH's Performance Exhaust uses a Flowmaster
muffler..... But according to the picture that they posted, it does
looks like one.

  If it is the Flowmaster muffler, I can tell you that Rob (PJ Grady)
and I had them in our cars.  He had one in his Green DeLorean and he
had it removed and it is now hanging in his inventory room's wall.  Rob
did replaced with a Borla muffler that cost him some $$$ (don't even
ask!) to special order.

  I had a complete stainless steel system fabricated with a Flowmaster
muffler installed in my DeLorean without consulting Rob and I should
had consulted with him as to avoid the COSTLY mistake.  Anyway, I had
the system for a very short period of time, some where of two or three
months and I then had the whole system removed and the original system
remounted back in my DeLorean by Rob.

  Anyway, what Rob and I both agree on is that the Flowmaster is too
noisy and I myself, I couldn't tolerate the "droning resonance" in
cabin that was produced by the Flowmaster muffler during the long
drives that I periodically do.  I drove back to the fabricator in New
Jersey some 60 miles away from NYC as to have them resolve the
resonance problem.  They call the Flowmaster company and Flowmaster
said that there is a "jacket" that could be fitted over their muffler
as to dampen some of the noise and resonance.  I didn't go with that
suggestion due to the issues that there is no room for the jacket to be
install between the muffler and the wall of the engine compartment.
Besides a jacket will is "ugly" and it will get sloppy in due time.....
BTW, I spent over a "G" note on the fabricated pipes with the
Flowmaster muffler and it turn out to be a failure.

  Two years ago, I ordered the British Stainless Steel System and I had
Rob install in my DeLorean.  (The system is beautifully made and
polished.  You would like to hang it in your living room as a work of
art.)  The Stainless System is noisy on acceleration, but without the
cabin resonance while cruising or driving.  I kind of wished that I
gotten the muffler with the "extra packing" as to make the system a
little more quieter.  FYI, the Stainless System is available in three
different packings.  Either packing allows more horse power as "pep."

  Anyway, Rob agree that my Stainless Steel System has slightly more pep
then his Green's DeLorean set up but with slightly more noise and my
DeLorean has just as much pep as the several DMCH cars that he has come
across.

  In closing and in my opinion, any DeLorean with the OEM exhaust
removed and a free flow system installed, a DMCH, a Stainless System or
otherwise..... They will give you some more pep .... Real noticeable
pep.

Now don't start asking me for dyno test as proof....... I hope that
helps.

 Kayo Ong
 Lic 9D NY