Re: [DML] 911, engine running on 3 cylinders MORE INFO

Re: [DML] 911, engine running on 3 cylinders MORE INFO

OK - we know it's not your coil or plugs.  That leaves leads, cap and rotor.
Since the cap and rotor are a pain to get to, we'll start with the leads.  Have
you tried swapping a lead from a firing cylinder to one that doesn't fire?
If the firing cylinder keeps running, it's not the lead and you have to inspect
the cap and rotor.  The rotor and cap should have a small gap between
the rotor tip and the electrode on the cap.  The spark jumps here first
before it arcs across the plug gap.  If the gap is too wide or the electrodes
are covered with plastic flash or carbon or something inside the cap, the
plug won't fire.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from "odell_andy" <odell_andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------