[DML] Re: 911, engine running on 3 cylinders MORE INFO

[DML] Re: 911, engine running on 3 cylinders MORE INFO

thanks for your help matt.
i had the help of an RAC man (roadside breakdown assistance) and he
couldnt understand it either. we did the test you describe (earth a
plug on the block, try to get a spark). when connected to one on the
left, you get a really big spark. no spark at all on any on the right.
the guy had me start the car, pulled off all 3 right spark leads,
nothing happened. pull off 1 of the left 3 and it stalls immediately.

 the emmisions test is the English MOT (still pretty strict). the car
is very underpowered at low speed.  the spark plug contacts are a bit
white on the firing side, and oily on the non firing. the cap is
definately ok, i havent had the distributor off yet.