RE: [DML] New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?

RE: [DML] New DMCH Performance Exhaust Inquiring feedback?

Jason,

I had the chance of completing the install of the new "Jet Hot" coated
exhaust from DMC while visiting DMCF a few months back.

I just tightened up a few loose items so I can't take credit for the install
but it looked very simple.  Basically, eliminates the stock crossover pipe
(those were tough to get on and off if you don't have a lift) and also
replaces the stock headers with very nice high flow models and the CATs are
very nice.  The sound was fantastic and the finish is just breathtaking in
person.  I'd say a nice low tone with a good grumble.  Having a good valve
adjustment really helps the sound.  To me the exhaust hangs "just right" and
again, looks fantastic.  THe exhaust I witnessed was installed on a Stage II
engine so the entire setup was very clean.  Some say it looks like a spiders
web under the car but as an artist I found the appearance most appealing.
Stage II most likley affects the sound of the exhaust because of the changes
to the valve train.  I straight-piped a stock DeLorean and it sounded great
but with the DMC Exhaust I believe it really complimented the car.
Accelleration with either engine setup will definitely be improved because
of less exhaust restriction.  The car I straight-piped had a very noticeable
boost in acceleration.  And I did drive one of the DMC exhausted cars while
in Florida.  VERY NICE!!

The DMC Exhaust is a bit on the more expensive side when compared to a
complete system on most cars on the road.  However, the DeLorean is unlike
anything on the road and in my opinion deserving of somewhat pricey custom
upgrades.  If you got the money...go for it, but don't let the money make
the decision.  It's really a feature that will set your DeLorean apart from
the average car at a cruise in.

Also, I believe the exhaust has a very nice warranty from the "Jet Hot"
company who did the coating.

Just my two cents from experience.  When I'm in a position to buy another
DeLorean to replace the one I had to sell I will buy a refurbed car from DMC
with the Custom Exhaust or have it added to a nice car I might come across.

Jeff in NC