Re: [DML] A/C pressure

alex morgan wrote:

>I had the A/C running on max speed max air, fans running but at idle not at
>2000 rpm.  The problem is that the compressor is cycling every 6-7 (should
>be around 12) seconds and seems like it could be a little bit cooler.  I
>installed a brand new low pressure switch and adjusted it a bit but it didnt
>seem to help much.  High side measured perfect the low side was high
>however.  This could be though becasue it was at idle and not cycling like
>it would at 2000 rpm.
>
>Everything I read tells me that if its cycling to quickly and the pressure
>switch is ok then it is probably low freon.  It is blowing fairly cold and
>cyclilng so I don't believe it has air in the system.
>-Alex

Quick question. Are you positive your AC system has r12 in it and not
r134a?  If it's been filled with 134a then it should have different
fittings installed on the high and low side hookups. If it has had 134a
put in it, then your system is probably working just fine. 134a runs at
higher pressures, and doesn't cool nearly as well as r12.

--

Chris
VIN# 03209