[DML] factory radio or aftermarket?

I'm trying to figure out if my stereo is factory installed, a warranty
replacement, or aftermarket.

My car is an '83, VIN 16192. In theory it should have come from the
factory with an ASI, but it has a Craig with an integrated clock on
the cassette door. There is no clock on the center console forward of
the shifter.

Here are links to a few pics of the stereo in my car:
http://home.earthlink.net/~djdanwilson/images/16192radio_1.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~djdanwilson/images/16192radio_2.jpg

Is this one of the Craig stereos w/ integrated clock that would have
been put in a DeLorean at the factory? Don Steger looked at this
stereo in my car first hand. He said that he personally had never seen
this particular Craig stereo, or the faceplate with the large "CRAIG"
written on it, in a DeLorean before, although he said it's from the
same family/series/era of stereos as the factory installed Craigs in
the pre VIN 10305 cars. Still, Dave Swingle did mention to me once
that the Craig stereos w/ integrated clock, in his words, were
"extremely rare". Could this be why Don had never seen one in a
DeLorean, and also why they are not mentioned in the Millennium
Concours handbook?

My window sticker does not list the brand of stereo, only that a
stereo was included. Oddly, it also says "DIGITAL CLOCK ... STD".

There's always the chance a previous owner could have put this Craig
in the car on their own, but I think it's unlikely because back in '83
why would the original owner go to the trouble of having an
independent stereo shop track down and install a Craig that sort of
looks like a mediocre sounding older factory Craig instead of buying
one of the hundreds of other random better sounding aftermarket brands
they would normally sell? I believe generally when a car is new,
nobody has "keep it original" on their minds. That's why I don't see
the original owner going for that Craig. From what I understand an
older couple owned it from '86-'03. I believe they are the ones who
put in a Sears cruise control, fabric seats, and a CHMSL on the
louvers, so originality didn't matter much to them. So why would they
put in that Craig and not some "whatever" brand? I bought it from the
third owner, and he said it was there when he got it.

So, anyone have some solid knowledge or good theories as to whether
this is a "rare" factory installed Craig, a dealer or QAC warranty
replacement, or store bought?

Dan W.
VIN 16192