[DML] exhaust manifold problem - what would you do?

[DML] exhaust manifold problem - what would you do?

List,

I am currently working on removing my exhaust manifolds (engine is out of
car) for gasket service.

First of all, on the left side manifold (dipstick side), the top three
fasteners for the manifold were studs with 11mm nuts on them.  The lower  three
were 11mm head bolts!  Is that factory?  I think someone might  have been here
before because these bolts were not very tight.  Luckily  every one on that side
took the stud with it and cleanly unscrewed from the  head.

The right side manifold is a different story.  The top three were  studs and
nuts (two nuts broke off flush with the manifold on top) and the  bottom ones
were a nut which unscrewed from the stud, leaving the stud in the  head,
another was a stud and nut and the stud unscrewed, and the last one is the  real
trouble.  It's a bolt that holds on the starter heat shield which also  holds on
the manifold to the head.  This one I think someone else tried to  remove
once and was unsuccessful. I was using all 6 pt deep well sockets and my  11mm
socket barely even turned before it skipped on the bolt, so for sure an  11mm
won't work to pull it out.  It's too rusty and just barely too round  to work.
I suppose someone else used the wrong socket or something on  it.

What would you do to get this out? My space is somewhat limited above the
bolt because the manifold is still attached. I have a set of craftsman  damaged
bolt removers - they are sockets with curved blades them  for removing stuff
like this, but none of them fit right (there isn't  one for 11mm bolts).  I am
considering using a dremel to cut off  the head, slide off the manifold, and
attempt to use a stud extractor on what's  left since I need to buy an
extractor anyway for the broken studs  elsewhere.

Ideas?
Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596