[DML] Re: General lack of engine power. what's going on?

[DML] Re: General lack of engine power. what's going on?

A very important reason to buy from a Delorean vendor. In most cases
they WILL stand behind the parts they sell. BTW whenever I rebuild an
automatic transmission I always have the torque convertor rebuilt.
Especially on Deloreans, there is no good way to flush out the old
fluid and dirt. There is also a plastic thrust washer in the NOS
pieces. When I have them rebuilt they use a bronze washer. A simple
test to determine if you have the "right" torque convertor, a
stall-speed test. Easy to do but possibly dangerous. It is basically
done by making sure the car can't move and seeing what the engine revs
up to a WOT in drive. It can destroy the transmission and if the
brakes don't hold the car can lurch forward so it isn' recomended.
Another point, the torque converter is also known as a torque
multiplier. It does it hydrolicly. It is dependant on the # of blades,
pitch, distance etc. Not having the "correct" torque convertor can
make a BIG difference.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757