[DML] Re: General lack of engine power. what's going on?

[DML] Re: General lack of engine power. what's going on?

Are you 100% sure that you are really shifting thru all the gears? If
the computer governor has failed, starting out in second gear is a
common failure mode and it really makes the car a slug (in addition
to toasting the trans in short order).

Put some test lights on the solenoid connection and watch it as you
drive. This is actually a nice permanent addition to the car.

There are three wires that connect to the bulkhead connector just
under the two big resistors on the firewall. Lift the cover off the
connector and you can see 5 brass screws on the right. The three
wires oin question go to the three screws in the middle. The center
connection is common, the two others are the two solenoid
connections. When the car is stopped BOTH solenoid connections should
be lit up. As the transmission shifts, you should see one light go
out and then the other. I believe this is documented a bit better on
the dmcnews.com tech section as well.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marv Hein" <marvhein@xxxx> wrote:

> Have you driven another DeLorean?  Maybe you have unrealistic
> expectations about the acceleration. Mine is similar to my '72
Super
> Beetle, my 1980 MGB, etc.  Then all of a sudden, I'm doing 88 MPH.
>
> Marv
> #10820
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "odell_andy" <odell_andy@xxxx>
wrote:

> > i have owned my D since March last year, and only got it in a
> drivable state last week.... when pulling away from red lights, the
engine has a cam rattle noise,and has virtually no acceleration
below 10mph.