[DML] Re: high beam / low beam behavior

Depending on what you mean, it's probably normal. You may need to
have a helper work the switch while you stand up front and watch.

The outer bulbs have two filaments, a low and a high. The inners only
have one, high.

When you pull the switch toward you (flash to pass) both high beams
come on but the lows stay on. When you push the switch, the inner
high beams come on, AND the second element in the outer bulbs come on
but the first element in the outer bulbs turn off.

If the outer bulbs go completely dark when you turn on the high beams
(i.e. push the switch) they are either both burned out on the high
filament or you have a wiring problem.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Owen Emry <owen@xxxx> wrote:

> Question for you other owners out there about your headlights:
>
> I've always thought that the high beams in the DeLorean would turn
on _in addition to_ the low beams, but while replacing an expired
bulb, I've discovered this isn't really true.  If I pull the want
toward me to "flick" the high beams on momentarily, then yes, the
high beams shine while the low beams are on, too (i.e. all four
headlights).  However, if I push the wand away from me to turn the
high beams on indefinitely, then the low beams shut off, leaving only
the high beams shining.