Re: [DML] Fuel Sender or the Gauge?

Hi Sal,

Since no one else responded, I'll give you my
thoughts.  I've got three transmitters taken apart and
sitting in front of me.

All three exhibit a tendency for the rheostat wire to
slide to the bottom of the post that it is wrapped
around thus ending up with too many turns at the lower
end of the scale.  The wire does not appear to be
glued to the post, probably so the metal slide will
make good contact.  You can slide the wire back up the
post with your fingers, but I have found that gravity
will eventually cause it to fall back to the bottom.

My resistance readings are from one ohm to 100 ohms
one all three.  I don't have any voltage readings at
this time.  You can contact me offline if you have any
questions.

Mike

http://mail.yahoo.com