[DML] Re: DeLorean died and will not restart

[DML] Re: DeLorean died and will not restart

Dry Gas is not the best thing to add to gasoline. It can actually
cause moisture from the air to get into the gas so the "dry gas" can
absorb it. Running the motor is not good unless you run it long enough
to bring the motor AND the exhaust system up to operating temperature
or the moisture wil rot everything. This also means you will be
leaving the battery in the car. My advice (take it or leave it) is to
remove the battery, drain out the fuel, raise the car on jackstands,
cover the car, and leave some mothballs under the car (not inside) so
no critters move in. All this is done preferably in an enclosed garage
on a concrete floor. Not really important to heat it, just make sure
the anti-freeze is still good. Keep insurance on it and the car will
be good for up to 2 years if left that way. After 2 years the brake
and clutch fluid should be changed along with the anti-freeze.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757