[DML] Re: Start Issues / Flooding?

If the plunger was stuck you have a contaminated fuel system. Drain
the fuel tank and wipe it out. Inspect all the parts and replace any
in questionable condition. A bad accumulater will not cause a cold
start problem but it can cause a bad idle and it will definately cause
the hard-hot-start problem. A bad fuel filter won't usually cause a
problem starting but if it is COMPLETELY  plugged up I suppose it can
(rather uncommon). After you get the car to run for a short while THEN
change the fuel filter so it catches all the crud before you replace
it with a new, clean one. If you still have the origional spark plugs
and wires (or you don't know if or when they were changed) just
replace all of it. Include the distributer cap and rotor, and air
filter. As for your cold start problem check to make sure the cold
start system is functioning. Pull the cold start valve and see if it
sprays when cranking cold. Just be careful and catch all the fuel.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757