[DML] John Z DeLorean and the Hydristor

*****  Moderator's Note  *****
With the Tilly experience fresh in our minds, please keep
the discussion of this focused on the car.  We will not
debate whether or not this invention can even work or if
the horsepower, acceleration, or fuel mileage claims
are valid.  If any of our members who have contact with
some of the people mentioned below can verify (or deny)
Mr. Kasmer's claims are pertinent to the discussion.

Any questions about the specifics of the invention are to
be sent directly to Mr. Kasmer.

Mike G  Moderator of the week
*****

   My name is Thomas E. Kasmer and I am an inventor. You can review
my work by going to Google and typing in the word 'Hydristor'.

   Around the end of 2003, I received a call from John who was
enquiring about several of my patents. I had never spoken to John
prior to this. He was the most knowledgable engineer I had ever
spoken to in my entire career. We had a number of subsequent
conversations about the use of the Hydristor in his new car design
and I asked him to send me a short note on his opinion of my
invention.

I don't know how to include his response here and perhaps the
webmaster will contact me with a means to do that.

   John agreed to be my 'behind the scenes' advisor in my dealings
with the auto industry. As a friend of mine said, John ran General
Motors at one time. My friend, Jerry Williamson, worked for John at
one time so he was very familiar with John's capability.

   In March of 2005, I was invited by Alan Hitchcox, executive editor
of Hydraulics and Pneumatics magazine to come to Las Vegas with my
John Deere differential hydrostatic lawn tractor and put it on
display  as the guest of the magazine. I had several conversations
with John as  I drove cross-country, talking on my cell phone with a
headset. I also got the interest of Tom Torbjornsen of America'a Car
Show headquartered in Jamestown, New York and I mentioned John's
mentoring of my efforts. Tom wanted to speak with John to verify my
claims for the Hydristor and I called John with that request. John
called Tom and they had a lengthy conversation about the Hydristor.
This is mentioned by Torbjornsen on the Car Show interview posted on
my website

http:/www.hydristor.com.

Subsequently, I was aware of John's passing as I
was driving the last few miles to Las Vegas for the IFPE show. It was
a very sad time for me as I had become accustomed to John's very wise
counsel.

   All that said, I am planning to do something that will make
available to DMC-12 owners a version of Hydristor torque converter
that I am building for the Ford Expedition. This will be a smaller
size Hydristor converter dedicated to fit the existing bellhousing
space of the PRV-V6 drivetrain. The transmission can be retained 'as
is' for manual shift cars and in the case of automatics, the
transmission  will be emptied of most parts and simply hold up the
engine. The  Hydristor can be optionally used for hydraulic braking
energy storage  to virtually eliminate the use of the friction
brakes. The in-town  mileage will approach highway mileage and the
engine will be slowed to  around 1,000 Rpm at highway speed,
doubling or more the gas mileage.  Also, the Hydristor technology
enables the full power of the engine to  be utilized, and 5 second
runs to 60 will be possible with no engine  modifications. If the
optional hydraulic braking is installed, the  energy of forward
motion will be saved in hydraulic pressure tanks and  the car will
accelerate near '1g', reaching 60 in 3 seconds flat. I am
doing this as an individual and I am working on some possible
financing to cut the first prototype. John believed in this
technology  and wanted to use it in the new car he was designing.
That new car may still come to pass; we'll see. But I believe John
would approve of an  upgrade in the DMC-12 and I give my phone
number should anyone wish to call me. 607-7631607 (US-EST).

   I have been trying to interest the auto companies in this
technology and nobody wants to listen. Maybe a DMC-12 going 0-60 in
3 seconds and getting 100 Mpg will get the public's attention. And
wouldn't that be something John would approve of. I posted a memorial
comment on my website in regard to John's passing. I have not said
anything out of respect for his memory and his family. He urged me
on  many occasions to press ahead and I am now going to do that.

   Thomas E. Kasmer