[DML] Re: Something is wrong

Sounds like your starter needs replacing.  The starter soleniod is usually the problem. One
day it works fine and the next time you go to start the car and nothing happens. The
contacts inside the soleniod aren't making contact. This happens when one of the terminal
studs doesn't make solid contact with the internal plunger. It causes the terminal stud to
get hot and usually melts into the plastic cap which pulls away from the contactor bar
inside. You can do a quick test  with a jumper cable and attach one end to the positive
jumpstart connection and the other end to the righthand starter soleniod terminal. It is
the one with the wire that goes into the motor housing. Just touch it. It should spin the
sarter motor but will not spin the engine,because the soleniod is not energized.

The clicking you hear in the relay compartment is the start inhibit relay this sends power
via the small white/red wire to the soleniod. their is an inline connection at the soleniod.
you can verifiy power to the soleniod at that connection with a 12 V testlight.  You will
need a helper to turn he ignition key to the start position momentarily. If that is good, it's
your starter.  Time to call your favorite vender.

Dennis

Btw: the bad soleniod senerio has happened to me and a friend of mine.