[DML] Important Update: LEDs for the Cigarette Lighter, Headlight and Ha

[DML] Important Update: LEDs for the Cigarette Lighter, Headlight and Hazard switches

Here is an important update to the #73/74 LEDs for use in the
cigarette light, hazard and headlight switches.

After successfully getting the cigarette lighter LED to work and
realizing that problem with the 90 degree insertion cause a short
circuit, I proudly went on to the Headlight and Hazard bulbs.  I
carefully pulled out the old bulb with a hemostat and looked into the
socket.  Subconsciously, something about the contacts didn't look
right.  I inserted the LED and POOF! (Fortunately I had just
installed a fuse in series with the power wire going to the headlight
switch.  (That is the NU brown with blue stripe wire).  As I saw the
flash I instantly realized what the problem was.

The LEDs from superbrightleds.com have their contact wires folded
over the end of the bulb so they are exposed on both sides.  The
original bulb has only one contact on each side.  THUS WHEN USED IN
THE HEADLIGHT OR HAZARD SWITCH THE CAUSE A DIRECT SHORT!

They are easy to modify, by simply bending each contact wire of the
LED around, back onto the side it came from.

I have posted a picture of this in the photo section.

Even with this mode the contact was a bit loose.  I wonder if there
are #73/74 LEDs that are more like the original, that is they only
have one contact per side?

D² & 6530