[DML] Re: Cold running problem and battery

[DML] Re: Cold running problem and battery

I suppose it could have something to do with it .  But If the battery was strong enough to
turn the starter and start the car I don't think the voltage would have been low enough to
cause the backfiring. Usually that will happen when the battery is almost dead because the
Alternator crapped out while you were driving an extended period with out the Alt. and
draining the Battery becuase of all the required load draw.  In theory once the car is
running you should be runing off the Alternator. the battery is an excess current strorage
unit and electical buffer.

incidently my car has the similar Cold running issue and my battery is very a good 1 yr old
Optima.

Dennis