Re: [DML] Turn signal lamp
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] Turn signal lamp

That is correct. 1157. DO NOT use 1156; you will get
so many headaches.  Warren - you should be able to
vouch for that.  Remember that call you got about ym
A/C lights, side markers, and binnacle lights in
correspondence to the turn signal....?

For kicks, if you want to give yourself a huge
headache, put a 1156 bulb in there and watch the
mayhem ensue.  I accidentally put a 1156 in my front
driver's turn signal....when I turned my turn signal
on, my A/C lamps, overhead binnacle lights, and
sidemarkers all flashed with my turn signal.  Then I
pushed the headlight switch in, and it sent a current
that fed power to those lights causing the flashing to
stop, BUT ALSO stopping my left turn signal - both
front and rear driver's side - from flashing - they
remained permanently on - both on the binancle cluster
and the front/tail lights.  That was to say the least,
HELL.  Casey and I broke out the wiring diagram, and
we went over that for 4+ hous trying to figure it out.
 Finally Casey asked me if I toyed with the front turn
signal, and I told him yes.  We looked ans sure enough
I had placed a 1156 bulb in there.  Put in 1157 and
boom - problem solved. 

**- Disclaimer to the above paragraph.  If you decide
to put a 1156 bulb in your front turn signal to see
what would happen, I AM NOT RESPONSBILE for anything
that may happen to your car or any of its components. 
We fixed my car, and it's running fine, but that does
not necessarily mean that your car will behave the
same.  If you want to see the hell I went through - go
ahead - but in doing so I am relieved of ALL
responsibilities and damages sustained to your car or
any of its components. -** End Disclaimer.

1157's work because those front turn signals also act
as running lights when the headlight switch is pushed
in once, also obviously when the headlight switch is
pushed in once for standing lights.  Since they act as
both turn signals AND running lights, you need a two
filament bulb to act for two components - turn signals
and running lights.  1157 is correct.  Available at
your local auto store of your flavor:
AutoZone,PepBoys, O'Reilys, Advance Auto Parts,
CarQuest, or your local NAPA parts store.


--- drrrh_1 <rick.heile@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does someone know what type of lamp I can use to
> replace a burned out 
> front right turn signal? 

Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see

To search the archives or view files, log in at 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN

Copyright 2006  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive