[DML] FanZilla VS "Fan Fix": Owner/enthuasist opinion & real world obser

[DML] FanZilla VS "Fan Fix": Owner/enthuasist opinion & real world observations (long)

Hello All,

My email below has nothing to do with favoritism between vendors or
personalities. It pertains to quality parts, products, and safe  quality upgrades that
available to DeLorean owners and our cars.

I have been reading with anticipation about the return of Zilla products.  It
has been many years since they were available, and I as well as  others, have
wondered why Zilla's were temporarily out of stock,  and we now have the
answer...

BobZilla, the creator of Zilla's, is a picky perfectionist and stickler for
quality with everything he sets out to do...rightfully so when your name is
on the product; a lesson past DMC vendors (now extinct) should have  learned!

Anyway,

I had PJ Grady install a full set of Zilla products in to my 1981  Automatic,
VIN 3713. The car never let me down.  I must say, that the Zilla  products
were expensive, however they are worth every penny. I would  recommend them to
every DeLorean owner everyday of the week, and twice on  Sunday.

On the other hand,

Over the July 4 2005 weekend, while I was working with another  DeLorean
owner on his 1982 5-speed DeLorean, I witnessed first hand what a  cheap product
can potentially do your DeLorean.

We decided to get together and have a "garage day"  We went  through his
DeLorean and adjusted his doors, and preformed some safety  checks. It was a great
day, and we accomplished a great deal of work  together.

The owner decided to install a "Fan Fix" in his 1982 DeLorean relay
compartment since the Zilla's were unavailable.

The DeLorean owner (no names please, I'm sure he's reading this email and
can comment if he wants) also has a 1981 Automatic DeLorean with a FanZilla
installed in the relay compartment.

We observed that when the vehicle is shut off, the "Fan Fix" continues to
operate with a loud, audible hum. This had the potential to drain the vehicle
battery and leave the owner stranded somewhere in B.F.E.

 The blue box "Fan Fix" did not operate correctly during multiple road  tests
and quadruple checks for correct installation. What a bummer to  discover a
defective upgrade part,  to an otherwise perfect day,  IMHO.

To get the "fan fix" to shut off after driving his DeLorean, the owner had
to perform a "DeLorean Fire Drill" which was:

1) open the door,
2) walk around to the passenger side,
3) open the passenger door,
4) move the passenger seat forward,
5) release the cargo net,
6) pull back the carpet,
7) open the relay compartment behind the seat,
8) take his fist and "gently" hit the "fan fix" box to get the fans to shut
off!

No Thanks!

Based on my observations, I was totally unimpressed with the "Fan Fix"
product, and I seriously doubt that playing  "fire drill" around your  DeLorean is
something that we want to do after we finish driving our cars. In my  opinion,
the "fan fix" was no real world  "fix" at all.

After witnessing, testing, and experiencing the quality of the Zilla
products, I will faithfully continue to recommend the Zilla products to anyone
interested in a quality upgrade for their DeLorean.

Thanks for your time,
Mike Pack

P.S. I am not affiliated with, Zilla products, PJ Grady DeLorean, or the
maker of "Fan Fix" products. I am a DeLorean enthusiast/owner.

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
 email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.