[DML] Re: Humming sound

A couple of possibilities:
  Wheel bearings.  If this is the case they will usually make more
noise when side loaded.  E.G. Drive the car at the speed where it is
noisy, and turn or weave back and forth in the lane.  This will load
the bearings a little more on the side outside of the turn and cause it
to make more noise.  This does not always work, but it's free and
quick.  If the noise gets louder when you turn left, it's the right
bearing and vice versa.
  Tire noise.  It could be the tire tread that's making the noise.
Check the tires for a "saw tooth" wear on the tread blocks.  Also you
can try swapping the front tires, although that dosen't always work.
  A Delorean specific noise.  It could be something that I'm not
familiar with.  Possibly the fuel pump, or something of that nature.
I'm sure someone else can help.

Matt Smith

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo@xxxx> wrote:

> When I get my D up around 35 MPH, I hear a low humming sound coming
from the
> front end.  The sound does not get noticably audible until I hit 45
MPH.  It's not loud