Re: [DML] FanZilla versus the Ebay competitor for Fan ControllerIdle Sta

Re: [DML] FanZilla versus the Ebay competitor for Fan ControllerIdle Stall

I take it you mean with the AC on? :-)

This is where I get shot down in flames, but when I get a car with such
a problem, I start playing with the "brass screws". Here's a little
guide to setting these up that should cure your problem. It can't do any
harm and if you're not happy, just re-seat them all back down gently.

1) Let your engine idle up to temperature

2) With everything OFF (radio, ac, blower, lights, everything) , back
the rear two brass screws out by 2 turns each.

3) Back out the front one (that has a flat screw head) slowly and keep
going until you hear the engine speed start to increase. At that point,
screw it back in half a turn, such that the idlespeed is how it was before.

What we're doing here is getting the engine to a point where it needs a
minimum amount of air to idle. As you let more air in via the brass
screws, the idlespeed system will fight you and close off the valve.
When you get to the point where the engine revs start to rise, the
idlespeed valve is closed. We're putting the minimum air requirements
through the brass screws and giving the idlespeed system more "headroom"
for circumstances when it needs the most amount of air - electrical

This is how Renault set up their systems and as far as I can work out,
it all comes down to production variation in the valve. I've seen cars
where I couldn't back out the screw at all without increasing the
idlespeed. Likewise, I've been able to cure problems like yours with 30
seconds and an 11mm spanner.

Hope this helps

Martin