From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Teitelbaum
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:40 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Idle adjustment screw?

Injector cleaner seems to help keep injectors clean, it does not seem
to do alot to actually clean them. The best bet is to remove them and
send them out to someone with a tester so they can be cleaned and
tested. You could pull them, jumper the fuel pump, and watch them
spray into cups. I would also replace the seals on them at the same
time. There should be a loose plug on a couple of wires under the wood
cover by the fuse block up by the rear wall. There should be nothing
plugged into it. It kind of looks like you could plug a relay into it
or a big flasher. Just push on the sensor plate and see if it touches
the sides while it moves up and down. You can also look for scratches
on the side where it rubs (it it is rubbing). You would also feel it
as it sticks and rubs (again if it rubs). Mileage is not an indicator
of the health of the injectors. One bad tank of gas or sitting for a
prolonged period can mess them up. It is also a good idea, if the
injectors are dirty, to pull the fuel pump, drain the gas tank, and
wipe it out. Once you get the car running again change the filter
after a a tank or 2 of fresh gas.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, stefan diklich <stefandmc@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Dave!
> Will adding fuel injector cleaner give me a good chance to have the
injectors cleaned, after all the car only has 21,000 miles on it? I j